Saturday, January 15, 2011

WINTER READING ADVENTURES FOR AGES 8-15




Right before Christmas, my husband and I visited our favorite used bookstore, "The Bookworm" which is in Cranbury, NJ. They have quite a selection of childrens' books and I happened to find a boxed set of 3 adventure stories for my 8 year old grandson. The author's name is Rick Riordan, and my grandson, Chris could not put them down. One night we found him, with his flashlight reading in his bed at 1:00 in the morning. The trilogy contained,
"The Lightning Thief"
"The Sea of Monsters"
and "The Titan's Curse"
When Chris was finished with these books, we found Rick Riordan's latest works in Barnes & Noble, (in hardcover) and he purchased "The Battle of Labyrinth" and "The Last Olympian",
which will keep him busy for awhile.

No comments: